Although I prefer animal, I can do a range of subjects for commission. I work from photographs and capture your pet’s unique character and personality. The final illustration is digitised into a high quality PNG format that can be printed on various mediums by my print partners.
Your commission will be a print on a gallery canvas or high quality paper. You can also at any stage, at a special discounted rate, purchase a number of products with your commissioned image on.
|| £125 (head and shoulder)
||£155 (head and full body)
||£55 per additional image
|Copyright Release charge:
||£55 (see copyright information under Terms & Conditions)
||FREE on all commissions
|Future product Purchases:
||25% discount for all future products printed with your commissioned image (See sample of product selection page here)
|Your commission includes:
||A print on a Gallery Canvas stretched on a wooden frame, or High Quality Paper Print ready for framing (Size A3, 297x420mm or 12”x16”). With montages or full body images, this canvas may be larger depending on subject and will be agreed at the outset. Canvas layout will be chosen appropriate to your subject i.e. portrait, landscape or square
||Starting from £65 – your frame choice is additional extra.
||Available on request - go to my gift voucher info page
How to Commission me
- Request a Commission
- Agree on assignment and pay a Deposit
- Photos are sent
- Commission is done and final example sent
Sign-off, printed and delivered
1. Request a commission:
Please send an email requesting a commission and please include the following initial information:
- Name and contact details (address, phone, email)
- Commissioning subject (pet, home, or other subject matter)
- If an animal for example, do you require a headshot and shoulders, head and full body, or if you require a montage and the number of additional images to the main image. My style of work tends not to include detailed background studies, so if this is required please mention this.
- For ease you may send a low resolution sample image of the proposed commission subject
2. Agree assignment:
- I will then respond to your request and inform you of my current waiting list period. We will discuss your requirements in terms of size, single or montage images, final canvas layout etc.
- Once agreed on the commission assignment I will request a 50% deposit to secure your position on the waiting list, and the remaining 50% fee will be payable before I commence with your commission. Please note our refund policy below.
- I will send you a digital Invoice and it can be paid safely and securely directly online through the Proper Living checkout using all mayor credit or debit cards as well as PayPal. Note PayPal can arrange for payment by instalments – refer to your PayPal account for further information. You can also pay by bank transfer or cheque.
3. Send your photograph:
- I cannot personally photograph your required commissioned subject. Therefore, I require you to send me the main photograph that you want drawn. If possible to add one or two other different poses so I can ensure a careful study and capture your pet or subject as accurately as possible. Please note it will be required that you have the copyright or permission to use the photograph to have an artwork created from it.
- I prefer digital images to be send by email. Please email the highest resolution and best quality possible. If you do not have a digital image we will discuss the best course of action during the booking process.
- Digital images in the highest resolution and quality possible
- Any digital file format can be sent. Most common file format is JPEG
- Please note: The photo quality plays an important part in the final result, especially the eyes
Some tips on taking your image:
- Ensure it is in focus
- Use natural light where possible (especially when using phone or tablet cameras)
- Avoid using digital zooming – it reduces the image quality
- With pets – get down to their level, it makes for much better compositions
- Be careful of over using the flash – it can distort colours or create red eye
4. Commissioned work starts:
- Once you reached the top of the waiting list I will inform you that I will commence with your commission
- At this stage the remaining 50% of your commission fee becomes payable before I start on your commission. Again I will issue you with a digital invoice payable through Proper Living or other means.
- Once I start your commission it takes approximately 3 weeks until you have the final product hanging on your wall. Montages may take a bit longer as we may need to discuss layouts as the work progresses.
- Once I have completed your commission I will email you a low resolution protected image for your final approval. This will include the suggested layouts of either portrait, landscape or square.
5. Sign off:
- Once you have approved and signed-off on your proof I will order your canvas print or framed print as originally chosen.
- Remember, a range of other products with your commissioned image will be available at any stage for a 25% discount of the listed price.
Terms and Conditions
Ordering Additional Products
All future products ordered after the commission of your specific illustration will be at a 25% discount of the listed price (excludes delivery charges). When I have done a new illustration I can make it available on a range of products and media. I may also be able to source specialty items if it’s not on my list of products – please contact me about this. You will be issued with a specific discount code for your product and can be used through our online shop on Proper Living at any time.
All illustrations or artwork commissioned remains copyright of Rob Allingham. Some clients may prefer not to have their commissioned image used on a range of products for sale by the artist. For a £55 fee I will transfer the copyright to you. However, I maintain the right to display your commissioned image as an example in my portfolio or promotional material - if required.
Payments, Deposits & Refunds
- A 50% deposit to secure your position on the waiting list is required. The remaining 50% fee will be payable before I commence with your commission.
- I will send you a digital deposit Invoice and it can be paid safely and securely directly online through Proper Living using all mayor credit or debit cards as well as PayPal. Note PayPal can arrange payment on instalment – refer to your PayPal account for further information. You can also pay by bank transfer or cheque.
- Please note, due to the bespoke nature of a commission, the deposit is non-refundable, and once you have signed off on the final artwork then the whole fee becomes non-refundable.